Dreams

Today in class we shared our opinions on the definition of the American dream . The American dream in my opinion is to graduate high school and college, get a high paying job, and lastly get married and have 2-4 kids. Then our teacher proceeds to ask what are our dreams and how did we plan on achieving them.Which was a hard question for me because I don’t have many dreams. I chose to travel. Traveling from Montreal, Italy, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. I only plan to fully start my journey when I reach my anticipated saving amount and have a stable home life. Of course most people want to be millionaires, own expensive cars, mansions, etc but we only need stability. We also shared opinions on the topic How can being alone become empowering? Being alone allows one to search for their true feeling. Protecting the mind from negative influences, and finally being able to chose ones own decisions. We also caught up on chapter 7&8 of the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

Comments

Popular Posts